A SUNDAY IN AUGUST

2018 RED BLEND

About: The grapes were grown in an organic vineyard on the middle bench near the town of Keremeos in the Similkameen Valley. This valley is adjacent to the Okanagan and features slightly warmer temperatures and richer soils. Michael picks based on acidity and flavour instead of sugar levels. The grapes (75% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon) were destemmed into open top tanks and 10ppm of sulphur was added pre-ferment. After four weeks on skins the wine is pressed off into neutral barrel where it ages for seven months. It is bottled unfined, unfiltered, and with only 10ppm of sulphur. 12.5% ABV

810866

A+SUNDAY+IN+AUGUST.png

2018 PINOT GRIS

About: This wine is made from Pinot Gris from two sites in the Okanagan. 75% comes from Anne Sperling’s Biodynamic vineyard in Kelowna, while the other 25% comes from Crocket, an organic vineyard in the Similkameen Valley. The grapes are fermented on their skins in a combination of neutral oak barrels and stainless-steel tanks for four-nine days. After being pressed off, the wine finishes fermentation and malolactic conversion in tank and barrel before being bottled, unfined and unfiltered. The label art is done by Claire Milbrath.

816684